OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Faux Canvas

I first saw the idea of doing a faux canvas here.
Check out Dana's photography here.  She's awesome!
My friend has also done one with her family picture
and I liked the result.
You really couldn't tell that it wasn't a real print on the canvas.
So, I attempted to make my own faux canvas with the family proclamation print. 
I spray painted the edges (and my hand and my arm...) black. 

I used mod podge to glue the print to the canvas.
I didn't really like how bumpy and shiny the print was.
So, I put a layer of mod podge over the top.
The mod podge over the top took some of the shine and some of the bumps away.
I think in the future I will use spray adhesive to glue the print to the canvas.
I think this will prevent the print from getting so many warps and bumps.
And, since mod podge and I are just now becoming friends,
I'm wondering if a second layer, might help the shine.

Real canvases are nice, but spendy.
If you are into faux, give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
-----------------------------
I know you are eagerly awaiting the big GIVEAWAY announcement,
we're almost there so keep being patient!!!

No comments:

Popular Posts