OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Iron-On Vinyl

I have a love/hate relationship with iron-on vinyl...
it doesn't always do want I expect it to do,
which could possibly be due to operator-error, or possibly not. 

When I designed these giggle and dirt shirts,
I had them professionally silk-screened for my own sanity.

One of my biggest frustrations when working with iron-on vinyl
is that I am usually working
with smaller shirts, which means smaller/thinner writing.
Usually the letters didn't stick like I want them to because they are so thin.
So, I thought I would take a stab at it again and make the onesie's
pictured above for my cousin's baby shower.
I figure she's family and won't hate me if the vinyl melts off in the wash.
This time I cut a block of blue vinyl to put behind each design.
Vinyl loves to stick to vinyl, so the blue block gives the white letters
something to grab onto.
If you look really close you can see that the vinyl isn't smooth,
that it has melted into the grooves of the onesie.
I think this is a good sign...
or it could just mean that I fried the vinyl...
Either way, I guess I can start experimenting with it again.

If you've worked with iron-on vinyl and have tips to share,
leave a comment.

No comments:

Popular Posts