OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tender Mercies

We're deviating from the post I had planned for today
because there's been a little excitement at our house in the past 24 hours.

Have you heard this term before...
It comes from the opening scriptures in the Book of Mormon.
For me, it means that the Lord will bless and protect us in all that we do
as we show even an ounce of faith in Him.

Yesterday morning, I had the most random thought that I should probably
know where the water shut off valve is for our house.
I made a mental note that it is probably
the random sprinkle valve in our office closet. 
The one buried behind many books and treasures.
And that was that.

Last night as the boys were getting ready for bed,
I heard water running in their bathroom
and figured they had left the faucet on after they brushed their teeth.
I was about to nag at them for leaving the water on,
when I realized it was coming from under the sink
and saw the water pouring out from the cabinet.

My husband sprang into action
and tried to shut off the water under the sink.
It didn't work.
Our next thought was to turn the water off to the house.
I started digging in the office closet and turned the valve.
Nothing happened, hmm...maybe I was wrong about that.
Nope, turns out I twisted it the wrong way.
Righty-tighty, lefty-loosy.

We got the water shut off and the kids settled in bed.
I was not looking forward to a day without water
as I waited for the plumber.

However, I received a call a little after 8:00
this morning from the plumber and he was on his way.
By 8:45am, my water was back on and we were back in business.

The plumber's comment to me:
I've never seen a valve do that.
It cracked right in half.

So, if the Lord is willing to bless our little family with minimal water damage.
What do you think he is willing to bless you with?

How have you seen the Lord's tender mercies in your life?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow, great post and story Lacey.
I can't believe that.

Popular Posts