OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 YW Theme

My aunt asked me to create something that she could present to the young women groups at our church. This year's theme for the young women comes from the 13th Article of Faith. The Articles of Faith are simple statements regarding the beliefs of our church. There are 13 of them and number 13 is the longest one because it is packed with some great stuff. Growing up, when we would memorize the Articles of Faith, the 13th one was always a beast to memorize. We also liked to play with the words a bit, it starts, "We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous and in doing good to all men..." I think every kid (and some adults) changed it to, "We believe in being honest, true, chased by an elephant..." So everytime I look at the theme this year, I just smile.
I think it is such a great theme for a time when the youth are faced with so many terrible things. Here's the full text of the 13th article of faith:
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
And yes, I had to look that up. I did not type it from memory. I also typed it with a three year old trying to climb on my lap, so if there are mistakes, I apologize.

UPDATE:
This product is now available as a digital download, just click on the download tab at the left side of this page.

No comments:

Popular Posts