OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Monday, October 4, 2010

mental block

Do you ever get mental blocks? I do. I haven't decided which is worse, a mental block, or when ideas come flooding in and there's not enough time to tackle them all...
I thought I would share the journey of my latest mental block...
Awhile back, Brynn invited me over to check out some projects she was working on and wanted to discuss some vinyl ideas. We finally got connected and my boys and I went to visit Brynn. Luckily, Brynn has an adorable little boy and a jar of chocolate.
Brynn wanted to do one of her favorite quotes and had a scrap piece of wood to use. So here's the design I came up with for that one. No real big deal, not too difficult...

Then she showed me a mirror that had been her husband's from when he was a child. She had refinished it and was thinking about putting a quote or something on it. We talked about some options for quotes and other projects. By that time, my kids were done...so I packed them into the car and told Brynn once she decided on a quote I'd get some proofs to her in the next couple of days.
When I get an order, my goal is to have the final product in the mail to the customer within a week. Sometimes I just barely meet the goal, sometimes I have a quick turn around and in Brynn's case, sometimes I get a mental block. Brynn was able to find a quote and emailed it to me. I loved it and was excited to work on it. But every time I sat down to work on it, something else was more exciting, like organizing my office...
When my body and mind decided to cooperate, I sat down and put this together.
I knew I wanted to highlight 'grow' and 'fly' and use the fun little '&' and that's as far as I got.
Brynn suggested adding some weight to the left side of the design.
I was starting to get into it and then, my computer got a virus. Another delay...argh.
When I finally got the computer back, I slowly got my courage back too and added some weight.
and a little more...
I liked where things were going, so I kept playing and this happened.
I don't know why I didn't start there in the first place.

Popular Posts