OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Improvising

I've had this board in my stash for awhile now and the other day I decided to do something with it. I originally mod podged some scrapbook paper on the board and it just didn't do it for me. So, I pulled out the sander and distressed the edges and top layer of the paper until I liked the look. When I put the vinyl on and then pulled the tape off, it destroyed the paper. I think I distressed the paper too much and left it too thin to survive the tackiness of the tape.
I was so frustrated, I had really liked the look of the distressed paper with the orange vinyl.
Koper shared my same sentiments.
So, I sanded the paper off and this is what I ended up with.
Not the look I was going for originally, but it works. As I was muttering to myself during the project, I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of the board's message. I guess we need to delight in all of life's fun moments.


No comments:

Popular Posts