OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

lessons in motherhood

So, I recently received an important phone call
and sequestered myself in my office away from the kids
to ensure peace and quiet.
However, the lock on my office door doesn't actually work.
My oldest son eventually made his way in and was desperate
to show me something.
My silent crazed hands failed to shoo him out of the room
which led to the mother of all stink eyes and me silently whispering
"Leave!"
Not exactly a mother of the year moment for me.
When I finished the phone call,
I found my son and asked him what he wanted to show me.
He quickly whipped out these beautiful tulips
he had cut from our yard
and excitedly handed them to me.
"They're for you, Mom.  Because you love tulips."
Like a knife right to the heart.

As moms, we don't always make the best choices
and it's amazing to me how resilient our kids can be.
During one of our recent giveaways
in which you could submit your favorite quotes,
Terri submitted this one about living in the moment
and it has really stuck with me.
Summer is here and with it, a whole new schedule.
My goal is to enjoy all that summer has to offer with my kids.
Which means my house is not always going to be tidy,
the laundry probably isn't going to get folded
and I may not always answer my phone.

If you call and have to leave a message,
just know that I am enjoying life with my kids
and that I will eventually get back to you.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I like this post Lacey.

Anonymous said...

Amen to all that. :)

Katelyn said...

what a wonderful story lacey. love the picture!

Popular Posts