OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Family Tree Book




One of my favorite books that Lydia has created is her Family Tree book.
In my opinion, this book really sums up
what Heritage Makers is all about.

Here's Lydia's thoughts about it...
I have a lot of favorite HM projects
but when it comes down to the nitty gritties,
my favorites of the favorites are the ones
that have to do with stories of my ancestors.

Did you know that science has proven that kids are better off
- contribute more to society, are well grounded, all that good stuff -
when they know their family history?

It's so important that we know who we are and where we came from!
After all, how can we improve our future if we don't know our past?

The book is simple and beautiful.
(And - added bonus - all based on a template!)
It includes a picture and short bio on me,
my parents, grandparents and great grandparents.

Compiling the book was such an amazing experience.
I throughly enjoyed reading the various personal histories
and documents over a period of several months.

One thing became astoundingly clear
- life is EASY these days compared to the physical hardships
and amount of work that used to be common place.

My parents are amazing,
I feel blessed that I can remember my grandparents
and the lessons they taught me,
and I am grateful to my great grandparents
for making the sacrifices they did for future prosperity.

As I personalized the pages of
striking nature photography and beautiful poetry,
I became convinced that EVERYONE
needs one of these books!

Soon after I finished my book, I made one for my husband...
and gave it to him for Christmas. (It made him cry!)
Can you imagine how lucky my kids are to have
BOTH sides of their family tree neatly summarized
in two heirloom quality hardbound books??

I've said it before and I'll say it again -
I love what I do!! (How could I not??)


Thanks to everyone who joined in on
Lydia's webinar last night!

Did you know you can make
Board Books through HM???
This is totally awesome.
I'm thinking I might have to make
a quiet book or something...

No comments:

Popular Posts