OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Barn

This year for Christmas, my husband and I decided to attempt a barn for our boys. Many, many, many years ago, my grandpa built a toy barn for my dad and his siblings. I have always wanted one for our boys and so about a week ago I convinced my husband this was the year. I used my grandpa's barn for inspiration and created this pattern. Originally, we wanted a full roof with one side that had hinges so that the slats could be folded back and all of the door openings to have working doors. As my husband built the barn and we got it this far, I really liked the open concept. I felt like it was kid friendly and liked that roof slats weren't going to pinch fingers. I also wondered how long doors would last before they would be torn off...
The jury is still out on the choice of paint colors, but the boys haven't said anything about their "purply" barn. Sometimes reds are hard to choose at the paint store...
As I put the white vinyl on the edges and corners at 2am Christmas morning, it all came together and I was excited for my boys to see it. I love how it turned out and hope that they enjoy playing with it for years to come.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is awesome!! I love it!

Popular Posts