OUR 12" METAL SCROLLS ARE BACK IN STOCK! YAY!!!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFO.

Monday, July 14, 2008

covered canvas accent

This is something I've wanted to do for awhile. My friend told me about the idea of covering a canvas and putting a graphic cut in vinyl on it. I found some cute home decorating fabric and used it to cover a canvas made for oil and acrylic painting. I stapled the fabric to the wood frame. Here's what I learned during the process.
1. The material needs to be stiff with limited stretch (I'm sure there's a more technical term for that.)
2. Pull the material as tight as possible so that the vinyl will adhere well.
3. If you're a perfectionist, pay attention to the pattern of the material as you pull it tight so that it doesn't look funny when you're done.
4. You'll have to place something hard behind the vinyl as you rub it on to really get it on there.

Tomorrow I am going to try four smaller canvases and connect them with letters or graphics.
Thanks for checking the blog and let me know if you ever have any ideas you want to see in vinyl!

No comments:

Popular Posts